Volunteering @ HYMB
HYMB needs Adult Volunteers to assist with Saturday Adventure Club sessions, weekend trips, site maintenance and/or admin work. Volunteers can help us to offer a wider range of activities to young people.
We are therefore looking for adult volunteers with the following attributes:
- NGB (National Governing Body) qualified coaches for activities (e.g. BCU Kayak Coaches, RYA Sailing instructors etc.)
- Trainee coaches (people working towards NGB coaching awards to assist with sessions and build up logged coaching hours.) who hold a minimum of a Level 1 Award.
- Qualified Mini-Bus drivers to assist with day and weekend trips, including competition events (or, if over the age of 25 and hold a category D on their driving licence and are prepared to undergo a HCC minibus assessment to become qualified).
- People with significant short film making and editing skills to work alongside the HYMB Film Club.
- Administration skills/tasks to assist with booking young people on to activities on Saturday mornings and promoting the clubs.
- Maintain the site and its equipment.
Adult volunteers will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, formally CRB) check, interviews and 2 reference checks.
In-house training opportunities that are available through volunteering include:-
- HYMB Adult Sailing, Windsurfing or Paddlesport courses
- HYMB Caving or Climbing Leader Courses
- RYA Assistant Instructor Dinghy Sailing or Windsurfing courses
- BCU UKCC Coach Level 1
- BCU UKCC Coach Level 2
- BCU Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
Funding may be available to help towards the cost of courses organised by HYMB and by other organisations
For more information contact the centre on 01992 628403 email@example.com